A Little Pencil

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Around You

This is in honor of those people we know and love (or have to put up with) who suck the life right out of a room. We all know at least one.

Around you I am smaller than nothing.

Around you I live, but I can barely breathe.

Around you I am a pillar supporting the weight of your dreams.

Around you I speak, but no one listens.

Around you my wings are clipped, I am grounded.

Around you I am a moth to the flame, fascinated yet helpless.

Around you my armor is weak and I am vulnerable.

Around you my dreams seem further out of reach.

Around you what I can give is never enough.

Around you I am defined by what you say.

Around you I am exhausted by meaningless effort.

Around you what I grasp for always vanishes.

Around you I struggle to be myself.

Around you I am always the guilty one.

Around you my soul withers slowly.

Around you I fight to retain what is mine.

Around you I am alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment