A Little Pencil

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Lost Years

Swirling, sucking darkness, like a black hole
Hands flailing out, vainly searching for up or down, for direction
Loneliness
Desperation
I discern no path, no sign posts, no help to be found
Anguish
The vacuum of the void suffocating
I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe
Death seems easier than daily living
The hope deferred, crushing
The last straw, the fatal blow
I do nothing but
Pray to sleep forever
Drowning in despair
I can't breathe
The weight of my world leaving no space for air
I can't breathe

But then...

Your hand grasps mine in darkness, a foundation
Your light at the end of my tunnel, a focal point
A hope seed planted
I am seen, not unknown, no longer invisible
I slowly ascend from the voidless pit
I am rescued
Hope sprouts, life grows
I see You, Love so bright it obliterates remaining darkness
I am found, I am found, I am found
I take a deep breath

No comments:

Post a Comment