A Little Pencil

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Unworthy

I carry the weight of my sins,
I bear the heavy burden of my self.

I trudge forward, the weight rubbing me raw, crushing weariness upon  me.

I shrug the slipping load higher, back to its' place upon my shoulders.

I keep moving, hoping that I am making some progress.

Until I enter a suffocating quiet, a weighty void,
Until I collapse and whimper,
"I can't do this anymore."
"I don't WANT to do this anymore."

Then through the tears obscuring my vision and the fear clutching my throat I whisper,
"Will You still love me?"
"Will You still want me if I can't continue?"

Jesus kneels beside me, looks through the tears in my eyes, straight into my heart and proclaims,
"You are Mine."

I choke out, "But I'm not good enough, not adequate enough, not willing enough, not worthy enough..."

He smiles, "But I AM."

With one hand He grasps mine, raising me to my feet, with the other hand He reaches for my burden and offers,
"Let Me carry this."

And together we walk forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment