How many times have I asked You?
How many times have You had to tell me?
Am I deaf?
Or just dense?
Or is it that the world around me applauds action and performance?
Yet still I seek You for purpose
Perceiving it to be oh so illusive.
Asking what I should DO with my life?
So you remind me yet again
That You named Yourself I AM
not I DO
You identify Yourself by Your character
Not by Your actions
Your identity does not come from what You do
But Your actions originate from who You are.
To be or not to be?
To become is the answer
What is my purpose?
I hear You say it again...
Love Me
and the rest will follow.
Can it be that simple?
Your whisper ripples through me
Just love Me.
Keep telling me until I believe and become a lover like You.
No comments:
Post a Comment