A Little Pencil

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Letters to God #34

I hear of people who work for social justice
who fight to right wrongs
who rescue the oppressed
who fight for freedom
And those who hold position of influence
who accumulate and share their wealth
who endow hospitals and schools
who feed the hungry
who teach the ignorant
I know of those who sacrifice their time
to help their neighbor
to volunteer at shelters
to raise money for non-profits


There are those who live on the mission field
those who heal the sick
even raise the dead
those who die for their faith


Is it enough just to love You?
Can it be enough just to love You?


I have no such lofty ambitions of position or success


Let others burn to change the world
I simply yearn to kindle the flame of my heart
I just want to love You

No comments:

Post a Comment