I know you as well as prey can know the stalking hunter
You were subtle and patient
Camouflaging yourself in the background
Lurking
Waiting to strike
And strike you did
Entrapping me in a shroud of darkness
Strangely I never feared you
You were almost familiar enough to embrace
Instead I fought you
I fought the welcome I often wanted to give you
Until I became weary from years of stalemate
Until a Champion came to take my place
Now the hunter has become the prey
I know Who Life is
I know Who holds the keys to your prison
Relentlessly we will pursue you
Root you out of every place you hide
Until we take you captive
Until the day death dies
And Life reigns
This is nice! I love the hopeful message at the end and especially the part about knowing Life.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Greg, the message at the end is really good. & I love this:
ReplyDelete'Strangely I never feared you
You were almost familiar enough to embrace
Instead I fought you'
*gasp*
ReplyDeleteThis is so deep and beautiful!
What a wonderful piece! So deep, but without a speck of pretentiousness. On the strength of this alone, you are on a plane with the best writers and poets of any age. I can't wait to dig deeper into this blog.
ReplyDelete