You are light and yet you are my Shadow.
You follow me as if I am the love of your life
Indeed I am bound to you by gentle cords of Love
I may cut those cords or deny them, yet you never leave
No matter how far I wander you are always there.
No matter how often I stray I am never out of your sight.
You follow me on wings of morning
You even follow me into the very depths of hell.
You are close enough to catch every one of my tears in a bottle.
And to know the number of hairs on my head
I can push you away, out of my life and still you never cease wooing me home.
You are my shadow
because
of
this...
I am your shadow
For you are my life
Indeed though it is through you I live, yet you live through me
I breathe in your very breath of Heaven and it is you who breathes out
Your strength is mine, for your love sustains me
I look to follow where you lead
Yes, I would not take a step without your hand guiding me
I follow looking for glimpses of your face
I listen, hanging on your every word.
Though I am not as faithuful as you, my heart wants to be.
Though I may wander and stray, my eyes always search for you
Because you are my Shadow, I am yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment