How do You do it? How do You plant hope in the wilderness?
I had given up on hope, was even afraid to hope. I was in despair and went looking for You.
I began reading through Job. I began to study what Your Word has to say about the wilderness.
I found You there.
I found that the Mountain of God is in the wilderness. I found that you led Moses and your own people into the wilderness. Your glory went before them, guiding them smack into the desert and then You, Your glory and Your people camped there.
I have found that You are everywhere, but especially in the wilderness. Your glory shines brighter where there is chaos and confusion. You work miracles in a place barren of life.
I found that You build a highway of holiness in the pathless desert and that You create springs of water where there are none.
You said that those who survive find grace there and become a well watered garden in a very dry place.
The wilderness is right at the edge of the Promised Land. It is its boundary. The wilderness is where You test us to see if we will be faithful to You as You are to us. But even in the testing You provide, meeting every need.
Your Presence is always in the wilderness. The desert is not truly barren because You are there. And anywhere You dwell there is hope.
Some of you may notice that this is letter #5 and wonder if I mis-counted. But I didn't. I just decided that letter #4 is a bit too personal and will remain between just me and God.
No comments:
Post a Comment