When you use words like glory and fire, majesty and hope. Freedom.
When you use phrases like "grace in the wilderness", "a wall of fire around them, glory in their midst", "deep calls unto deep".
You know just how to speak to me, how to arrest my attention. How can I not hear the music of your words when you string them together like so many warm and lustrous pearls?
You speak my language, the language of my heart. It is a language beyond mere letters grouped together for coherence. It is a language that sings, it thrums through my veins, it soars and I fly with it.
This is my music. With it's own cadence and a beat that matches my heart beating in time with Yours. I hear a whole symphony in only five little letters. Sometimes there is a still silence in the music created by a whole phrase.
Sometimes that music of words is light and delicate, soothing and awe inspiring like a ballet. Other times it thunders through my bones like percussion beats of a tympany drum. Occasionally it is a playful staccato and I can hear Your laugh in there somewhere.
Some say love takes just one look. I say all it takes is a word. One word from You and I am lost and found in the space of a single breath. That word springs alive and breathes in me. You created the world through words and I am created by the Breath of God. Your very breath. In and out. A marriage of power and substance. Both reside within this body of dust.
Hope.
Glory.
Love.
Heir.
And I am an heir with an inheritance of what I love best, of what seeps out of my pores. An heir of words.
Oh You know exactly how to make me swoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment