A Little Pencil

Monday, April 4, 2011

Joy

I thought I knew the word, but I never understood before.

I am a river who has long passed the flood stage and overflowed it's banks.

I am so full that I feel joy must be oozing out of my pores, saturating the atmosphere surrounding me.

So full, yet so light, I no longer feel tethered to earth. I simply floated up, leaving the weight of the world behind and now I fly.

Each morning I feel the wind rush over my face and through my hair, I close my eyes as I zip through the sky, free.

Every breath is a deep inhalation, a gulping down of abundance. There is so much life, too much to ever breathe it all in. Yet, that doesn't stop me from trying.

 I am more myself than I ever was. Rather, let it be said that I am whole, complete. Completely the original creation I was at the beginning. My spirit expanded beyond its' physical habitation.

I wasn't pursuing joy, but all along joy pursued me. And it finally caught me, in a moment of surprise.

All the circumstances and cares of life dissolved into nothing. With joy, they no longer matter. They lost their foothold.
Because of joy, belief and faith finally met each other in intimacy. It was an easy, simple marriage of both.

The greatest of these is love. For when you are loved, you have everything. When love rules, joy walks boldly in and fills the empty spaces to the brim and keeps spilling over. When love lives within, it breaks the locks of prison doors and bird cages granting a full and complete freedom.

Love lets joy color your world. So bright, yet the eyes of the heart adjust to the color of light.

There is no need for perfection, because joy doesn't even register the imperfect. Thus grace allows for an abandonment in enjoyment. A holy hedonism.

The wave rolls over me. Immersion. And my heart dances and sings a wild song.

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment