YOUR LOVE
The shallows were all I knew
I was trying to be content there, but my heart felt that there was...MORE.
There had to be.
You found me there, wading lost in those shallows.
Your waves beckoned me, the soft lap a siren song calling me deeper.
I felt the gentle pull of Your love tide.
I gazed out into the distance, the tall rolling waves appearing too much for me;
the unknown of the deep, intimidating.
What if it was too much?
What if I was too little, not enough?
And still the tide gently tugged at me,
wooing me out slowly, step by faltering step.
Your love slowly washing away the instability around me,
my fears washing out into that vast deep.
Until suddenly, the shore was far behind me,
the deep enveloping me.
Love drowned, but breathing in new life.
The deep still unfathomable, but full of wonder.
Full of joy, full of peace, a wholeness.
We, meshed into one;
Me, complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment