A Little Pencil

Friday, September 16, 2011

Letters to God #12

Sometimes I want to burrow so deep into Your arms that no one can ever find me except You. I want to get lost there, where the weight of the world that tries to settle on my chest cannot find me. Where the voices inside that whisper ugly lies cannot reach me. I want to find myself somewhere warm, safe and secure, free from the hurts and painful wounds that still try to torment me. I want to rest there and curl into a ball so tiny that I disappear and even I can't find me. I want to leave the confusion of life and the burden of expectations and responsibilities behind me. I want to be held and to feel light and airy and clean. Sometimes I want to come home so badly, that I can't bear it.

Psalm 32:7 - You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment