Recently, I was staggered by the realization of Your Holiness. Many times that word is too familiar and I lose sense of the true and weighty meaning of the word.
So many of Your people call out for Your glory. But we don't remember that the burning light of Your glory is fueled by Your Holiness.
The definition of the word holy includes; perfect in goodness and righteousness, consecrated, dedicated, purfied, sanctified.
If we want Your glory, we must first become aflame with Your holiness, set apart, purified and consecrated only to You.
How can I enter the Presence of the living God and approach Your throne with any unholiness still inside of me?
How can I think that I can bear the weight of Your glory when I -
hold unforgivness towards a brother?
secretly harbor self-righteousness towards others and sit in judgement over them?
spew or even drip filthy and hateful words from my lips?
choose my way over Yours?
withhold what You have asked me to give?
have prejudice towards any of Your children?
only love those who love me?
hoard my time, energy and resources for my own agenda?
still have places of doubt in my heart?
when I rely on my own efforts to be righteous and holy?
How can I enter Your Presence without being consumed by Your holy fire?
And then I realize that I need that purifying glory fire to sweep through me and burn away the dross of unforgiveness, self-righteousness and prejudice. I want to be free of the chaff of selfishness, doubt, self-reliance and my own deviant tongue. So I ask You to consume me. Light the funeral pyre of my self until I am reduced to ash. Until all that remains is the light of Your Son shining out of every part of me. Consume me until I am as You are. Holy.
No comments:
Post a Comment